About my work as a barrister

The main areas of practice undertaken are in international commercial law, including shipping, energy, insurance, international trade and commerce across jurisdictions. In my capacity as an authorised practising self-employed barrister, the work provided is in the form of legal opinion and advice only, on specific cases or matters.


The following individuals, are invited to contact me directly for a quote for legal services on: 07876 232 305 or via e-mail:

  • Solicitors or other practising lawyers;
  • Licensed Access clients, who may either hold a licence issued by the Bar Standards Board, or be a member of a professional body which has been recognised by the Bar Standards Board; and
  • Members of the public who wish to instruct a barrister under the Public Access scheme.

I will provide you with a quote as soon as possible. I always aim to set out quotes clearly, but if you receive your quote and there is something you do not understand, please contact me.


Private client work is generally undertaken on an hourly rate basis at a rate of £375 (plus VAT where applicable) per hour. This rate may vary depending on the complexity and volume of work involved in a matter. It may be possible to agree a fixed fee; however, this decision will be taken on a case-by-case basis and will involve an assessment of the amount of work involved, volume of case papers and/or the complexity of the case.


Timescales for a case may vary depending on factors such as my availability, the type and complexity of the case, the number of papers needing to be reviewed and the need for additional information or documents. The timescale will be discussed with a client at the outset and should anything happen to affect the timescale this will be communicated as soon as possible to the client.

Public Access

If you are a member of the public, the Bar Standards Board’s Public Access Guidance for Lay Clients can be downloaded from the following link:

This will help you to understand how the Public Access scheme works and explains how you can use it to instruct me directly.

Regulatory and Complaints Information


Self-employed barristers are regulated by the Bar Standards Board. You can search the Barristers’ Register on the Bar Standards Board’s website: barristers-register.html.

The BSB’s Barristers’ Register shows:
(1) Whether a barrister has a current practising certificate; and
(2) Whether a barrister has any disciplinary findings, which are published on the Bar Standards Board’s website in accordance with their policy.
Alternatively, you can contact the Bar Standards Board on 020 7611 1444 to ask about this (or e-mail:

Separate information is available on our website which provides information about:

The Legal Ombudsman

You can write to the Legal Ombudsman at:
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton. WV1 9WJ.
Telephone number: 0300 555 0333.
More information about the Legal Ombudsman is available on their website:

You must complain to the Legal Ombudsman either within six years of your barrister’s actions/failure to act, or no later than three years after you should reasonably have known there were grounds to complain.

You must also complain to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving your barrister’s final response to your complaint.

Here is the link to the decision data on the Legal Ombudsman website:

This data demonstrates that providers which received an ombudsman decision in the previous 12 months and in each case the data shows whether or not that provider was required to give the consumer a remedy.

Get In Touch

Tel: 07876 232 305

Tel: 07716 887 910


Address: Gray's Inn, London,

Grays Inn

error: Content is protected !!